The Flagstaff Festival of Science is a free annual 10-day event wholly designed to promote awareness and enthusiasm for science in and about northern Arizona and beyond, and is fondly known as the Best 10 Days of the Year. Established in 1990, is the longest, continuously running, entirely free science festival in the world.
- We showcase the outstanding research and science that occurs in and around Flagstaff through an annual, free 10-day Festival.
- We highlight Northern Arizona as a community that values and embraces science discovery and lifelong learning.
- Provide opportunities to engage learners of every age in science-based discovery.
- Provide a diverse array of role models in STEM fields.
- Use evaluation tools to better understand the Festival’s impact on the Flagstaff community.
- Maintain a Festival Web presence that supports science learning.
- Expand the Festival’s support base with organizations, grants, and individuals.
- Enhance linkages between art and science in Festival activities.
- Support community collaborations for science education.
The Flagstaff Festival of Science is a proud member of the Science Festival Alliance